The Art of Compromise
Compromising is challenging all by itself. No one wants to give in because their way is the best way. Only to later realize there is value with more than one way to get things done.
The Art of Compromise is to not let the stress, anxiety, discontentment, sleeping in separate rooms and the dreadful lack of intimacy and sex ruin your marriage.
In a compromising situation:
- Know what you need to talk about
- Be Specific
- Listen to what your spouse is saying – stay focused
- Carefully weigh your options
- Put yourself in your spouses shoes
- Consider fairness
- Make a decision and stick with it
- Bear with one another in love –“Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love.” —Ephesians 4:2